Friday, July 06, 2007

And so it begins!

Today was the first harvest of 4 yellow squash, sure to be followed by a more bountiful harvest tomorrow and every day after that. I'll be cooking some recipes I posted earlier, and a few I haven't yet (b/c they're all in my head) like a casserole of Barilla Plus Pasta, turkey sausage, and sauteed squash that is SOOO GOOD.
Wednesday we cut back the basil plants for the first time this season, and had pesto pasta and chicken for dinner Wednesday, and pesto pasta (I know, pasta is bad, but this is a celebration!) and shrimp last night.

For lunch today, we had this gorgeous salad:
iceberg, red onion, celery, cukes, kidney beans, gouda, and chunks of chicken breast which I tossed in some pesto prior to putting on the salad. DELISH.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: