Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Recipe - WEIGHT WATCHERS APPLE ZUCCHINI COFFEE

WEIGHT WATCHERS APPLE ZUCCHINI COFFEE
CAKE
from cooks.com


1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. each baking soda and nutmeg
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. sugar
1 c. coarsely shredded zucchini, unpeeled
2 sm. sweet apples, peeled and shredded
1/4 c. raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, and spices. In another bowl combine egg, vanilla, butter and sugar.

Beat with a fork until blended. Stir in zucchini, apples and raisins. Add to dry ingredients. Mix.

Pour in 8 inch round pan sprayed with Pam. Bake 35 minutes. Cool in pan.

Makes 8 servings.

3 comments:

Ashlee Rose said...

I made this tonight, the dough was dry and crumbly (like, so much that I couldn't picture it baking into anything edible... I checked and I didn't forget anything!) so I added some vanilla yogurt (maybe 1/2 to 3/4 cup? I just dumped it in..) before adding the veggies and fruit. Also subbed turbanado sugar. It's very moist and chewy, I love it and so do my kids, but husband says it's "missing something"... maybe some neufchatel frosting or something would be good on top. Also, needs refridgeration if you put in the yogurt.

Did you ever make this? Maybe you can tell me what I did wrong at first... or maybe they left something out of the recipe.

pollyhyper said...

Hmmmm. I haven't tried this recipe yet. Interesting. I looked on cooks.com (where I found it) and it doesn't have any reviews. I wonder, since you called it "very moist and chewy" with the yogurt, if it would become just about normal once the apples and zucchini got hot and released the liquids. I'll try to try this one as-is soon and let you know! But your idea of yogurt is a great one!

As is the neufchatel frosting, although I have a feeling that's not WW-approved! ;)

Thank you SO MUCH for giving me feedback!

Ashlee Rose said...

Oh yeah. WW. Uh... duh. Pregnant ladies don't really consider such things. Which is why I'm only eating carrots and drinking water after this kid's born. :P