Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Diet - This should be interesting.

I fall off the wagon, I climb back on with renewed gusto. Then I fall off again, usually because I'm too (insert choice of word here: tired, broke, lazy, busy) to keep it up, so I end up falling for the easy, unhealthy, "fast food" option and then, after a day or two of being filled with carbs, fats, and the like, I lose all motivation to start again.

So....

this is by far not the best diet plan, but I'm going to see how it goes. Last night I went to the grocery store and picked up LOTS of Lean Pockets (breakfast and lunch varieties) and Lean Cuisines. I'll do my best to eat a healthy, homemade dinner, but if it's one of those days, instead of calling to order a cheesesteak, I'll microwave a Lean Cuisine instead. With the weather warming up, I'll be craving salads, so when we do go out to eat, or when I am so inclined to prepare one, I'll have a fabulous salad instead.

DAY ONE:
Breakfast: 2 Lean Pockets (Bacon, Egg & Cheese)


Calories: 150 Calories from Fat: 40
Total Fat: 4.5 g Total Fat % Daily Value*: 7%
Saturated Fat: 2 g Saturated Fat % Daily Value*: 6%
Cholesterol: 40 mg Cholesterol % Daily Value*: 13%
Sodium: 280 mg Sodium % Daily Value*: 12%
Total Carbohydrate: 21 g Total Carbohydrate % Daily Value*: 7%
Dietary Fiber: 2 g Dietary Fiber % Daily Value*: 7%
Sugars: 2 g Protein: 7 g
Vitamin A % Daily Value: 2% Vitamin C % Daily Value: 0%
Calcium % Daily Value: 8% Iron % Daily Value: 10%
Weight Watcher Value: 3 Diet Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Medium-Fat Meat

Times 2. I was hungry and those things are small! I'll get down to 1 shortly.

**********************************************************************************
mid-morning snack: 1.5 T SmartBalance Omega-3 PB and 4 slices banana on 1 slice ww toast.
**********************************************************************************
Lunch:
Lean Cuisine Southwest-style Chicken Panini (I'm going to gently de-carb!)
Calories 280
Calories From Fat 70
Total Fat (g) 7 11%
Saturated Fat (g) 3 15%
Trans Fat 0
Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 1.5
Monounsaturated Fat (g) 1.5
Cholesterol (mg) 30 10%
Sodium (mg) 730 30%
Potassium (mg) 140 4%
Total Carbohydrates (g) 32 11%
Dietary Fiber (g) 3 13%
Sugars (g) 3
Protein (g) 20

Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 30% Iron 15%

Diet Exchanges 2 Lean Meat,2 Starch

and


Sugar-Free Jello Cup
10 calories, no sugar







**********************************************************************************

DINNER: (homemade)
Broiled Tilapia
Mustard Greens
Roasted Butternut Squash


Duh. I forgot we had planned the tilapia for Wednesday (tonight) because we found some of Nieci's fabulous white chicken chili in the freezer and had defrosted it for last night. So we had that (I made it as lowfat as possible!) with fresh, homemade salsa, and homemade baked corn tortillas. Yum.

Also, stolen outright from a fellow dieter, something I need to start addressing daily:


Exercise: skipped yoga class but did 30 minutes yoga @ home, incl. some stretches that really helped my back.
Calories: ~ 1,350 - Good
Water: Average
Where I went wrong: not having a pm snack, I think, led to bad mood, led to not going to yoga.
Positive Thought for the day: I felt better after going home and doing my yoga by myself. It helped me combined Me-Me-ME time with stretching/moving time.

1 comment:

she's mighty mighty said...

Welcome back. At least you don't have to get up early and do jumping jacks. You can do this! I like that you're planning with easy to grab foods. Much easier to stick with. And don't worry about breakfast-you should be eating at least 300 calories for breakfast. I'm keeping tabs on you now!