Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Recipe - Strawberry Ricotta Cakes





STRAWBERRY RICOTTA CAKES


Reposted from nami-nami







I thought these looked really tasty and promising for adaptation to South Beach, as they are basically ricotta and egg, and there's not too much sugar in them, so switching to a substitute shouldn't make too much difference. Note: i haven't tried this yet.

Again, please let me know how it goes if you make it!

INGREDIENTS:
1-3/4 c. ricotta or milk curd cheese
3 Tbsp caster sugar
3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp ground almonds
@ 1 cup strawberries, coarsely chopped

To sprinkle:
superfine caster sugar
cinnamon

To serve:
strawberries and whipped cream

DIRECTIONS:
Mix milk curd, sugar, eggs, ground almonds, lemon zest and strawberries in a bowl.
Line 12 muffin tins with paper cups, divide the curd cheese mixture between the tins.
Sprinkle with fine sugar and cinnamon.
Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes, until the cakes have risen and are lovely golden colour.
Serve warm or slightly cooled*, decorating the cakes with strawberries and whipped cream.

* It is not advisable to put these cakes in the fridge, as the curd cheese becomes somewhat grainy.

3 comments:

she's mighty mighty said...

Mmm-those look good! I have a huge bag of splends left from the last round of Sout Beach, I may have to try these. By the way-love your ticker. :)

sv said...

wow. you have several blogs! i can't get into one of them, but the other 2 [one is blank] are ABOUT FOOD! yay!
am a bloggging neophyte, trying to stick with it out of sheer stubbornness. what's life's equivalent of bran? i need something to keep me regular.

pollyhyper said...

Ok, I'm gonna feel really stupid when I figure out who "sv" is, aren't I?

That 3rd blog... I want to move my pollyhyper.blogspot.com posts over to the blank one, so I can use the pollyhyper one for Etsy stuff. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Soluble fiber pills work really well for regularity!