Friday, June 01, 2007

Update - End of week

Well, aside from a few asides, I haven't been half bad this week! I cheated and checked the scale today (shouldn't have checked until Monday) and *crosses fingers* it looks like I might be down another two pounds, despite eating and drinking way above my max last weekend, and the Great Chocolate Craving that hit me the other day.

It has been surprisingly easy to keep eating the Lean Breakfast Pockets every day for lunch, and even more surprising, I haven't gotten sick of them! They're actually pretty good, although I have come to the conclusion that one simply is not enough.

Eating micr0-lunches every day has not been as easy. I just want something more interesting at lunch, so I've been eating a lot of salads. Yesterday I had a salad with drained white tuna (packed in water) with lite Caesar dressing, then a jello with 1/2 banana sliced in it.

Last night's dinner was the salmon mentioned on Tuesday/Wednesday as dinner. Yeah, well Tuesday was a SHITTY DAY, as I may or may not have posted here, and I just was NOT COOKING. I arrived home Wednesday night to find that the salmon looked a little funny, so we ended up eating the leftover Chinese food from the night before (shame, shame on me!) and then on the way home from work yesterday (Thursday) I picked up some more salmon. This was the final menu for yesterday:

  • Salmon baked in foil with lemon juice, dill, S&P, and 1/2 oz of vodka
  • Light saute of spinach, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cubed tofu in a lemon-soy base
  • Whole grain wild rice
  • wonderful light salad made with chopped onions, red peppers, and cukes tossed in a homemade Japanese rice-wine/light sour cream dressing
The rice felt like such a treat. Carbs, I say!

Still can't seem to shake the after-dinner treat, so I'm just trying to make sure I always have a few low-calorie choices lying around, like SF jello (where would I be without you, dear jello?!), SF popsicles, and low-carb, low-cal choco/ice cream-like treat. Otherwise, I'll just eat whatever I find. Better something half decent than that!

Today's lunch will be a salad, greens topped with the leftover salmon and sour cream salad. Yum. Maybe a hint of Mr. Newman's light honey-mustard to kick it up.

Tonight for dinner I promised J steak. He is such a red meat lover and he has been patiently waiting all week for his fix. Tonight's dinner:
  • NY Strip Steak
  • ?
  • ?
I guess I'd better get on that!

2 comments:

sv said...

golly, you have a kajillion blogs! can't see one of them [blogspot bouncer wouldn't let me past the velvet rope], but am enjoying the ones i can read.

...been meaning to msg you for days and weeks and months. will do it now. loves ya.

pollyhyper said...

There's nothing in the 3rd blogspot blog. I haven't figured out how to move everything over there yet!
I have to have 2 food blogs, one for SMAO foods and one for lovely, fat-filled deliciousness. And then the LJ is, like, my lifeline.

Been thinking of you too!