Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Update - Sloth. Now with photos!

Ugh. I knew it. I'm up. A lot. 4.5 lbs to be exact. Now, it IS the wrong day to weigh in, but I don't think that's the issue. I don't even think the food I ate on the camping trip is the issue. It's the food I ate BEFORE and AFTER the camping trip, when I was too busy and/or tired and/or lazy to make something healthy. And the sugary and/or alcohol-laden drinks on the camping trip, but I didn't really drink all that much.

There were a lot of pix taken this weekend in which I look like a cow. A fat, red, sweaty cow. I'm going to post one so that I can punish myself in that way. Ah, here's a lovely one:
















That's me, letting it all hang out, cooking a huge pan of greasy potatoes and veggies. In honesty, I ate about 2 pieces of potato and a few pieces of onion out of that pan, but apparently I absorbed all the grease through my pores and it went directly to my jowls. Nice. And that's not even the worst pic.

This one was REALLY bad, so I cropped it just below the boob, which is you can not see the great gut spilling over, which is really evident when sitting next to high-contrast skinny husband:

















At least in THIS one I look fat and happy! I was collecting sea glass.














For comparison, here are a few from 2004-2005, when I was really doing well - lowest @ 198...



















































At the time, I was feeling good about the progress I had made, but still felt like I had SO much left to go (I did) and that the difference wasn't that noticeable (it really was!). In a way this totally sucks to think about, because I just slacked a whole lot and knowingly let that weight ease itself back on, and now I'm back up near my record high all over again. But in a way, it's good to be looking at these photos, realizing I looked pretty damn good at 199 (and it's VERY apparent in my face) and while I'll look even better at 180, 199 is definitely within reach and I can't wait to get back there. And to take some new pix.

Plan of action (for now):
Lean Pockets for breakfast. LC or LP or salad for lunch. Fruit and veggies for snacks. Lots of meals from garden. One veggie dinner per week - no meat at all. Healthy, Phase 2-like dinner all nights. Careful with snacks. Lots of water. Fix bike and ride it. Get back into yoga. No entire weekends "off."

I can do this, right?

1 comment:

she's mighty mighty said...

You can do it! For the record, I think you look cute in all of those pictures, but you can definitely see a difference in the older ones. It's not that far away-you can do it you can do it!

And WORD on the no more weekends off. I need to keep that in check, too.