Thursday, June 14, 2007

Update - Hmmm

I was just about to post a photo of the gorgeous salad I had for lunch, and it appears I have misplaced my cord to connect camera to computer. Pooey.

My sexy salad:

On a bed of greens (and accompanied by a slice of just-baked-this-morning whole wheat bread which I couldn't resist buying from the bakery):

radishes, cucumber, sweet onion, petite baby carrots, avocado, hard-boiled egg, a couple red kidney beans, and bacon bits.
With this lite honey-mustard dressing: I love the dressing and I love the man.

Although I sure would rather they put THIS picture of him on the bottle instead:


I know, I know, he's reeeeeaaallly old now and it's kinda gross, but he's HOT. And he's RICH. And he SHARES IT WITH EVERYONE. And he makes kick-ass salad dressing. And since I can't post a photo of my beautiful salad, I need to post a photo of my beautiful salad-dressing manufacturer.

I got on the scale several times this morning and decided....

that I need a new scale.

The damn thing doesn't read the same twice, and getting it to go back to zero when I step off is near impossible. I think (stress: THINK) I might even be down a pound from yesterday's depressing high, but how can I possibly tell?

Anyone have any suggestions for a quality scale under $50? I don't give a great goddamn about body fat, etc. Just consistent weight, and preferably one with big numbers as I am borderline blind.

Good today, although I am (A) craving sweets, and (B) going to a friend's house for dinner. She's supposedly making shrimp and ribs. I'll try to eat more shrimp, less ribs, and little to none of whatever deliciousness she throws at me.

Maybe tomorrow I'll show you my sexy salad.

eta and my friend just called to cancel for dinner on account of her sick daughter who was SCREAMING in the background. Now I don't know what's for dinner. I REALLY want Indian food.

No comments: