Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away

Yesterday was a good day. Aside from being out of breakfast Lean Cuisines, I ate well, and drank more than enough water thanks to it being 500f degrees out with 500% humidity. Ah, Delaware.

Lunch was a LC panini. I admit, after that, I ate some of this bread pudding my mom had made. It was really sweet and made me wanna puke. But it could have been much worse, diet-wise, like if it had been good, I would have eaten a lot more.

Made it back to yoga today. It was hot. I was dripping with sweat. The air here is like pudding and it was extremely hard to breathe, but aside from skipping a few warrior poses which always kill my feet, I kept up. Tonight I'm hoping (and thinkin, and wishin) to go to a friend's pool after work. MUST get my ass to the beach soon!

Dinner was fantastic. Fresh tuna steaks that my dad's friend caught, which I marinated in an orange-soy-ginger marinade, broiled and sprinkled with sesame seeds and soy sauce. Side of bok choy, cooked in a pan with very little oil, then tossed with pepper, soy sauce, and a splash of sesame oil (you really don't need much of that stuff!) and then, again, sprinkled with sesame seeds. Salad was a very simple cuke-tomato-onion salad tossed with rice wine vinegar and just a smidge of lowfat feta. And more water. Jeremiah cleared his plate, which included 3 (smallish) tuna steaks. I was beaming with pride - that means he liked it. A LOT.

Late night, J busted out these damn good mini-cookies. I had two, and then just said no.

It's that time of year when we are about to be bombarded with garden veggies, so I'll be posting recipes! Healthy ones will be here on this blog, and not-so-healthy ones over at http://second-helping.blogspot.com. Stay tuned!

No comments: