Tuesday, September 06, 2005

09/06/05 - Blech.

Today is my first day back to work since last Thursday. I spent most of Friday and Sunday trapped in the car on the way to and back from my cousin's wedding in North Carolina. I went into everything with such good intentions, and I actually did quite well with the weekend, overall. I packed a cooler with a salad, a few string cheeses & jello cups, bottled water, and a couple of those Crystal Light single-serving mixes (I LOVE THOSE!!!), and I prepared two days' worth of ricotta creme for the road.

Well. The new brand/kind of cheese I bought tasted like ass. The ice in the cooler melted and got INSIDE the plastic container the salad was in and ruined it, which sucked, b/c it was a really good (spinach) salad. We were driving through Bumblef*ck for hours upon hours, and while there was a plethora of Hardee's restaurants, there wasn't much else. Despite all this, I did well and stayed within SB guidelines, with the exception of 1) timing of meals/snacks and 2) the actual wedding reception.

I took a tiny bite of the cake at the reception - it wasn't all that so I didn't really care. I did, however, drink...um.... FOUR glasses of red wine (they were small-ish glasses) at the reception, so as to keep from completely losing my mind as my relatives drove me nuts. I also ate a small piece of chocolate cake at my aunt's house afterwards. And it was damn good.

But yeah, other than that (and I'd say that under the circumstance I did well!) I didn't eat anything not on my diet. Which is what makes this week's 3-pound gain all that much more depressing.

I'm going to stay on Phase One for one more week and try to work this out.

Today:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, over easy, and 2 slices of ham (I was starving!)
Snack: String cheese
Lunch: Salad w/leftover grilled chicken and SF ranch dressing
:( The jello is STILL not jiggly, as of 2pm! :(
Snack: TBD
Dinner: ? Have to go shopping after work.

Feeling totally BLAH today, and weighing in at 208. My PWF (perceived whale factor) is through the roof, which I know is all in my head, b/c at the wedding I was feeling like a total hottie.

Not SB-related: Please let me know if you're are using IE and having trouble viewing my blog. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the gain, polly - probably just a natural fluctuation, and alcohol is a necessity when one is required to interact with relatives.

p.s. - I use IE, and it freezes if I don't hit the Stop button before the whole page loads.

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out it IE too and I'm fine in Netscape.

So... how critical is timing do you think? That would be one major area I am not paying attention to. Was it discussed in the book or is it just the meal plan you're going by?

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out it IE too and I'm fine in Netscape.

So... how critical is timing do you think? That would be one major area I am not paying attention to. Was it discussed in the book or is it just the meal plan you're going by?27re going by?

Anonymous said...

Yay, I have issues in IE too and I don't have NE at work. Boo hoo.