Thursday, September 08, 2005

09/08/05 - My First SB Dinner Party

Two of my friends that i mentioned yesterday are coming over for dinner tonight. I'm thinking of serving:

Marinated London Broil
pesto tomatoes
broccoli
SB Stuffed mushrooms

Is that too much? I want to serve them a great Phase One meal, as this will only be Day 3 for them.

Me today:
Breakfast: 1 egg, over easy, w/4 stalks of asparagus, 1 small slice lox, and 1/2 t. neufchatel cheese
Snack: Stupid boring string cheese (note: must buy new and exciting snacks)
Lunch: Greek Salad?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!

Some snack suggestions:
-The spinach cups recipe in the back of the SB book is delicious and keeps well. Make them in the muffin cups and grab one when you're hungry.
-Hard boil some egg, cut halfway and throw out yolk, fill with chopped chicken and fat free ranch/mayo/or sour cream. Tons of protein and delicious.
-Roll up Healthy Choice turkey or fat free chicken slices in a large lettuce leaf with thinly sliced tomatos and ff ranch/sour cream/mustard/mayo or whatever you choose. Roll it like a burrito and you can eat it whenever.

pollyhyper said...

Yummy! The spinach cups sound great - maybe I'll try them over the weekend. Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

I think your menu sounds great and with good friends, even better. You inspired me to use some leftover shitake/scallop/snowpea/spinach stuff to stuff mushrooms. I topped them with a tiny button of lf provolone. Mmm.