Tuesday, September 13, 2005

09/13/05 - It's been a while, but not b/c I've been naughty!


I've actually been VERY good, but also busy, and in the process of switching computers.

(At left: J & I at my cousin's wedding on 09/03/05. Not the greatest photo, and doesn't quite reflect what a hottie I felt like that night, but it's the only one I've gotten back of us so far. Also, for some reason J looks even thinner than actual size in this photo, if that's possible. I think the other half of him is hidden behind me!... btw, that's my mom in the background on the left wearing the pink dress.)

So I've been very good, as I said, but I am back at 205. Again. Still. The weight I was at the end of Week One, Phase One. This week I've tiptoed into Phase 2, but not with any sort of a vengeance. To tell the truth, I prefer the foods on Phase One to a lot of the sample menu for Phase 2. I did have some steel-cut oatmeal with 1/2 peach, cinnamon, and Splenda for breakfast today, and yesterday w/dinner I had 1/2 of a small sweet potato - not bad, considering the lack of brown sugar :( I'm planning to swing by the health food store and get a loaf of REALLY good whole-whole-WHOLE grain bread today, and stick 3/4 of the loaf in the freezer.

I can't even remember my menu from the past few days, but I'll give it a try. This weekend I was good about what I ate, but not so good about when, as I was so busy doing stuff, and then sleeping in on Sunday.... oh, but it was soooooooo nice!

Today:
Breakfast: Steel cut oats w/1/2 peach, cinnamon, & splenda. 6 oz. V8.
Snack: String Cheese (time constraint!)
Lunch: Salad w/grilled chicken strips and low sugar/carb vinaigrette. Jello.
Snack:
Dinner: Beef/Turkey meatballs in homemade no-sugar added tomato sauce w/mushrooms over spaghetti squash
Dessert: Ricotta Creme

Yesterday:
Breakfast: SB Egg benedict over artichoke heart, 6 oz. V8.
Snack: String Cheese
Lunch: SB Crab Cobb Salad
Snack: Celery w/Laughing Cow
Dinner: Rotisserie chicken (no skin), steamed asparagus, squash, and soybeans w/a splash of oil & vinegar, 1/2 sweet potato w/salt& pepper
Dessert: Ricotta Creme

I start my new yoga class tonight!!!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

If you're looking for a way to make sweet potatoes tastier, I like to mash them. I just cook the potato, mash it, and add a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. Sometimes, if we're really craving fries, we make sweet potato fries. We cut them into fry strips, drizzle on a little olive oil or (even better) canola oil, add salt, pepper, and a bit of chili powder, and throw them in the oven for 20 minutes. Delicious! (this is glamtart, by the way)

pollyhyper said...

Mandy, thanks for the suggestions! Last night was the first sweet potato in a long while, and I was so happy to be eating it that I could have cared less what was on it. Because of time constraints, I cooked it in the microwave - that usually works out better for me anyway, b/c I like to cook them till they are REALLY MUSHY, so I guess you and I are on the same page with the mashy/mushy. I like the idea of sweet potato fries, too. I'll keep them in mind for a night when I want something a little crunchy and salty!

Anonymous, thanks for your post. I'll definitely come check out your site soon.

Anonymous said...

Damn, you are indeed a hottie! I love that sweet look on your face too.

FYI, the IE problem seems to be fixed. Don't know what you did, but it works just fine now.

Anonymous said...

Another sweet potato idea- peel, slice really thinly, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and a little salt, and bake them like baked potato chips. Delicious!

Also, if you have time, rub Smart Balance all over the outside of the potato and then throw it in the oven for an hour or more. It tastes like it has been roasted. Mmmm...

I've always found yoga is such a great relaxer and toned me all over very nicely.

If you aren't losing as much as you want, I'd suggest staying in Phase 1 a week or so longer.

Good luck!