Friday, September 16, 2005

09/16/05 - Busy 25-7


First off, will the IE users please let me know if the problem they were having is now resolved? Thanks!

I hate this photo. I look fat. That is PRECISELY the reason I am posting it here. Next time I'll wow ya with an old skinny photo of me, I know just the one.

Wow, I've just been so busy lately, between work and wedding planning, that I haven't had much time to post here or anywhere else. I have been sticking to the diet, though, and doing some yoga/stretches, and some walking. Today I went out to lunch w/2 of my bridesmaids, and I had a yellowfin tuna caesar salad (which was, happily, light on the dressing - restaurants always put way too much caesar dressing on!) and for dessert I had a low-fat cafe mocha w/sugar-free chocolate in it. Smelled weird but tasted pretty close to the real thing, and worked as a sweet treat.

The other night I had just HAD IT with the ricotta. I took a day or two off, and then last night I tried the lemon ricotta creme for the first time. Not bad after I added about 3x as much lemon zest as it called for! And it had a coconutty texture to it. Good to know.

Last night we got out of here (work) so late that I just couldn't bring myself to go shopping and then cook, so we went to Bob Evans.

I ordered:
  • grilled catfish
  • steamed broccoli
  • greenbeans w/ham
  • side salad
J ate:
  • delicious dinner rolls
  • the croutons off my salad
  • chicken-fried steak
  • loaded baked potato
  • corn
I teased him mercilessly b/c everything he ate was a sad pale yellowish shade. Anyway, the service SUCKED and I will never go back there again. A woman was seated after we had already ordered, and she ordered basically the same thing as me, and got her food at least 10 mins. before we did. We did not order a single thing that would justify a long cook time. I was thisclose to walking out when the food finally got there, and the catfish seasoning was so salty that the only way I could eat it was with the broccoli, which I luckily hadn't salted. I told the waitress, and she said, "Sorry, that's the way it's seasoned." I wish I could reflect in type the attitude in her voice. When I got home I drank 3 glasses of water. I was pissed. I filled out one of those survey cards. We're running out of restaurants in our town that we can eat at.

This was the first week that I did not organize a menu and a big shopping trip, and I felt it. I was so disorganized that I didn't know what was for lunch which day, and that could have (but luckily didn't) led to pushing me right off the wagon.

My ribcage is finally starting to mellow out again after Tuesday's yoga. I can't wait for next Tuesday. I wish I could take it at least 3x per week. But for now, once will have to do.

No comments: