Tuesday, August 30, 2005

08/30/05 - Keepin' It Real on Mom's Birthday

:( No one has been commenting lately... is anybody out there?
Wouldn't be the first time I'm talking to myself.

First, let me reach around and pat myself on the back for overcoming a HUGE obstacle yesterday. I went to Safeway (grocery) to pick up a few things, and I was getting pretty hungry, and EVERYTHING was looking good. Then I passed the blasted Starbucks kiosk inside the store, and I nearly lost it. As some know, I have a major problem with that Chantico Drinking Chocolate, particularly when I am PMS'ing as I was yesterday (and still am). I also really like their chai. A lot. But I was nearly drooling all over the kiosk about the Chantico.

Well kids, what did I do, you ask? I got a decaf herbal tea and put some Splenda in it, got in the checkout line as quickly as possible and drove home. GO ME!

And to make myself feel better, I will now depict in horrifically graphic nutritional terms just what I missed:


Serving Size 6 fl. oz.

Chantico Drinking Chocolate - 6 oz.
Amt Per Serving
Calories 390
Fat Calories 190
Total Fat (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 10
Cholesterol (mg) 25
Sodium (mg) 105
Total Carbohydrates (g) 51
Fiber (g) 6
Sugars (g) 40
Protein (g) 11
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 25%
Iron 30%


Holy Bejeezus, that's more calories than the huge and delicious Greek Salad I had for lunch today!

Also, I need to get this out there, so I can read it again and again and again, whenever I need to:

I MUST DO THIS. I must be strong. I must have willpower. Nothing is ever going to taste as good or make me feel as good as I will feel when I look in the mirror and can see the visible weight loss. Every good thing I eat is a step in the right direction. Every bad thing I eat is, while not the end of the world, pushing me one step back, and pushing me that much closer to the edge of the wagon. I will not fall off the wagon. Even if I have to cling to the side of the wagon and get dragged for miles, while drinking a Tazo tea with Splenda, I will not let go.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled boring diet diary.

Breakfast: Omelet - egg replacer, mushrooms, onions, wee bit LF cheddar
Snack: Cheese stick (I was too lazy to make anything)
Lunch: SB Greek Salad (DELICIOUS!) and SF jello (red)
Snack: We'll see. Soon.
Dinner: It's my mom's b'day, so I'm cooking her dinner. The dinner itself will follow SB guidelines, the dessert will not.
Grilled Salmon, Green Beans, stuffed mushrooms, small side salad
(and, for J and Dad, new red potatoes)
Dessert: My mom's FAVORITE dessert in the world is her pumpkin pie (her recipe only) so I'm making pumpkin pudding. Same recipe, no crust. But I'm leaving the sugar in the pudding. My god people, it's her BIRTHDAY!

ETA: This is the sugar/fat-free Ranch dressing - not too bad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading, just didn't know I could comment without an account!

GOOD job at Starbucks bebe!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the greatest feeling, when you know you've resisted a great temptation? I'm always so proud of myself for things like that.