Thursday, August 25, 2005

Day Four, Phase One

It's been a rather boring day today, all in all. But I guess that's a good thing. I haven't really felt hungry or thought about food too much, except after lunch, while I was watching the end of Days of Our Lives, I started to feel munchy, but I think that's b/c I was lingering in the kitchen. I split a slice of swiss cheese with Pippi, my dog, and was fine after that.

Last night's dinner:
  • baked chicken (in my v. special marinade, to be posted at a later date)
  • baked eggplant, onions, and orange peppers
  • salad with... "interesting" sugar-free-fat-free-ranch dressing (I needed a day off from the vinaigrette!)

Today's...

Breakfast:
  • poached egg over sauteed spinach and sundried tomatoes
  • V-8
  • and coffee, of course
1st Snack:
  • 4 celery sticks and a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss
Lunch:
  • Grilled shrimp (same marinade) over lettuce, onion, cucumber, pepper
  • green jello (SF)
  • 1/2 slice swiss cheese
2nd Snack:
  • 5 slices of cucumber, with another wedge of Laughing Cow spread between all of them, each topped with a caper and a 1" square of nova salmon (lox). Sooooo goooooood!

Dinner tonight will be:
  • Sirloin
  • string beans
  • salad
Oh, I made the best ricotta creme dessert EVER last night!
Subbed in coconut extract in place of vanilla, added 1-1/2 splenda packets, blended. Sprinkled top w/unsweetened cocoa powder and just a few slivered almonds, and set in fridge for about 2 hours. By the time I ate it, the cocoa had "melted" into the ricotta and made a kind of chocolate coating on it. I call it my "Almond Joy Creme".

No comments: