Friday, August 19, 2005

Ready, set, diet!

Today is Friday, August 19, 2005, and I have decided to take the plunge that is South Beach. This weekend I shall purge my house of all offending carbs, either into the trash can or into my stomach. I shall make a menu for the next week, and then I shall go to the grocery store and stock up on eggs, Canadian bacon, and all the other niceties of Phase One.

I have 85 days until my wedding (thanks for the pressure, weddingchannel.com!) and I'd like to lose at least a small percentage of the 60+/- total pounds that is my ultimate goal. I also have to attend a wedding on September 24 and it would be nice to lose just a few pounds before then.


Let me tell you a little about myself and my eating patterns. I have been steadily gaining weight for about 10 years. I love to cook, but lately, esp. with the heat, the thrill has been missing. I usually cook healthy meals but then slack on snacks or eat crappy meals when I don't feel like cooking. I also have a fiance, J, who is UNDERweight and has as much trouble gaining as I do losing. This makes it very hard to keep to a diet, b/c he needs all those foods that I can't have, and b/c he can't go on a diet with me. Man, sometimes I wish he was fat, too!

So I'll give this SB diet two weeks and see how I do. From what I hear, it's great at taking the pounds off. I don't know about all these eggs, though. I'm not a big fan, and I don't wake up early enough to cook breakfast, which I guess will have to change. I am also seriously hooked on Kashi GoLean Crunch, which I am sure is not allowed, at least in Phase One. I'll have to see if I'll ever be able to eat it again. Maybe after Phase One, as lunch or something?

No comments: